Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh NO-BO!

I was surprised--no, not really--by a news story that I received the other day from a co-worker. It said that a local chinese food restaurant that we frequented and affectionately named NOBO (NOrth BOwl), was closed by the local health department. The Kansas City Health Department found 19 violations--12 were considered critical. The short list of its crimes against humane dining were:

  • roaches on the walls of the building
  • egg rolls and meat without freshness dates in the cooler
  • mold growing on food
  • food not stored properly and did not “protect the integrity of the contents”
  • sewage backing up into its sinks

Who knows how long this had been going on, but probably long enough that it was an issue when I ate there several months ago. I don't like to think about it too much. Nor do I like to think about the time I received my plate of food before this story broke and made the comment to myself that it smelled ammonia-y, i.e. (decaying something). My stomach hurts to think about it. Perhaps it should be called North Bowel.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=2e109c90-3e5b-4f4f-8fb7-915ad782cbc6

No comments: